The ICL is an implantable lens that works for the natural lens of your eye to make your vision better. During this procedure, the lens is inserted between your iris and your natural lens through a tiny incision that usually does not require any stitches. It was developed in the 1980s, before LASIK and was first reported in 1990. ICL is also a reversible procedure in which the lens can be easily removed if the patient is experiencing any post-operative discomfort or complications, and the eye is returned to its preoperative state. ICL is also suitable for a wide range of prescriptions.
• A Patient will have precise eye vision and experience a clear vision.
• No dry eyes
• High definition vision is sharp and crisp
• Excellent Night Vision
• A Preferred choice in thin corneas
• The UV protection is inbuilt in ICL
• A typically quick, 15-minute procedure and most people can resume daily activities in just a few short days with a clearer vision
For people who value their health and wellness, ICL could be the choice for you. The base of the lens material is 100% biocompatible, meaning it is designed to function with your body’s chemistry.
• Cornea thinner than 450 microns
• Cylinder power of the eye seems more than 3.5 diopters
• Sometimes Dry eye situations
• Any situation in which LASIK is not a suitable option
• To be a suitable candidate for ICL surgery, you should be:
• At least 18 years old • Your specs number should be stable for about a year or half – minor changes do not disqualify you from becoming a candidate • Ladies should not be pregnant or be breastfeeding • You should not have any eye disease • Controlled diabetes is not a contraindication.
• Avoid exposure to dust and water
• Avoid rubbing eyes • Avoid lifting weight • There are not many precautions Minimal refractive error maybe there even after ICL but there is nothing like eye weakness after ICL
In an overview of the price of ICL surgery is different. The cost for the EVO Visian Implantable Collamer Lenses may seem high at first glance. However, when you also consider that the EVO Visian ICL implant is permanent, in which you may save money over the long term.
Dr. Balbir Singh Bhaura is one of those doctors who really cares about his patients. His standard of care is so high that you should never be worried & in really good hands.” He is one of the pioneers of ICL technology in India at Akal eye hospital and has been implanting ICL’s for more than 10 years. He is one of the best ICL surgeons with the highest volume of ICL surgeries all over India.